Kids Sea Camp, Yap
- custom family adventure vacation
- for all-ages, divers and non-divers
- traditional culture and island tours
- private beach and village field trips
- professional trip photography and media
- marine life and conservation education
- guaranteed big animal interaction
- Yap Manta Ray Encounters
Family Divers Package
Kids Sea Camp August 6th to 13th 2016
Family divers has put together a summer dive and culture vacation package for divers and non-divers, all-age family members, parents included. Scuba diving is PADI and activities are based on age and ability designed for kids 4-16 years old.
Daily dive schedules are customized so that parents dive with the adults in the morning and kids dive separate dive plans. Afternoon dives are family dives with both parents and kids.
Morning and afternoon non-diving activity schedules are designed for all-ages and include island excursions and cultural, educational and conservation activities.
Kids over 10 can take their junior open water certification at Sea Camp and teenagers can enjoy ocean discovery activities that go all the way up to advanced scuba diving.
All of the instructors are PADI certified with years of experience teaching children, including your host, Margo, who has certified over 4,500 kids.
Kids will be grouped by age for education that focus on marine life, culture and conservation through experiential activities - starting with which animals are friendly, to what sea creatures eat, to individual action that protects our ecosystem and sustainable lifestyles through traditional practices.
Fun, engaging and educational programs await, including hands-on "in the water" activities for children as well as parents.
The diving package includes a Manta Ray awareness certification for all divers and exclusive diving in the Yap manta ray sanctuary.
Kids Sea Camp in and out of the water
Kayaking, hiking, traditional skills, fishing trips and beach parties keep non divers active throughout the day while family members are diving.
Non-Diver Activities - A week in Yap!
Parents and children will get to experience the island, Yapese culture, learn about sustainable practices and a traditional lifestyle.
- Culinary Arts - Learn about local flavor and sustainable living in a traditional community with a local family in a village - spend a morning being Yapese where you will harvest local food, learn how to prepare and cook it in a local kitchen.
- Local Fishing - Hike into the jungle to harvest bamboo to make your own local fishing pole and materials to make traditional fishing lures and line - spend the afternoon fishing in the lagoon with your locally made tools.
- Kayaking Historic Tour - All ages kayak to a lagoon island on a guided tour of Yap's history
- Traditional Skills - Learn how to make a bamboo raft - navigating the lagoon for transportation, fishing and playing is very Yapese, everyone can enjoy a group activity experiencing a traditional skill that every Yapese family uses to live.
- Cultural Treasure Hunt - Go on a treasure hunt for items significant to Yapese families - you will receive a study guide the night before where you will learn about the items you'll be looking for that will teach you more about the history and culture in Yap.
- Island Tour - Go see the island as a family exploring vistas with panoramic views, villages and historic sites that ends at a private gold sand beach with kayaks, a rope swing, refreshments and snacks.
Afternoon Activities at the Resort for Everyone
Divers and non-divers can participate in local crafts and traditional community practices every day after the activities and before dinner.
- Local Crafts - Basket weaving and lei making between the hours of 3pm to 4pm at the dive shop
- Traditional Dance - Local stick dance class will take place every day from 5pm to 6pm by the pool
- PADI Manta Ray Awareness - by Bill 'the Manta Man' Acker on the big screen aboard the Mnuw
- Women's Roles in Yap Society - with Leona Tamag who is the Director of the Women's Interest Office
- Underwater Photography - with Brad Holland, photo pro at Manta Ray Bay Resort
- Traditional Attire Seminar - with a representative from the Yap Historical Office and Yap Women's Association
- Evening of local folklore - with a representative from the Yap Women's Association
- Live musical entertainment - by house band "Tim and Tim"
Sea Camp Diving
Dive plans are broken up so morning dives have adults and children diving different sites with third tank dive plans for the whole family. Actual sites and departure times will be tide and weather dependent.
- Big Animals - Dive with our resident manta rays and schools of reef sharks, a whole morning of big animals at exclusive dive sites
- Outer Reef - With 96 miles of barrier reef you will experience clear water wall diving at our best dive sites with only Sea Camp divers
- Exploration Diving - A day spent exploring new areas around Yap on an Sea Camp expedition
- Macro Dives - See the smaller side of Yap at the local macro wall with giant mantis shrimp, nudibranchs and more
- Channel Drifts - M'il channel, a.k.a. "the manta highway" will be a blue water venue for the whole family
- Specialty Dives - Get all of the specialty dives we offer, shark feed, night dive and mating mandarinfish
- Shark feed specialty, mating Mandarin fish and night dives
- 1 three tank dive day with lunch in a Yapese village
- Complimentary Wake-up service w/ coffee & tea
- Culture Tour in a Yapese village center
- Private beach BBQ on Saturday
- Manta ray awareness course
- Professional Photo Package
- Photography workshop
- Daily breakfast buffet
- Double occupancy room
- Airport transfers
- Soft Drinks
Family Dive Adventure
A full week of family adventure for all ages, diver experience levels with evening media presentations and professional family photography throughout the week by in-house photo pro, Brad Holland.
Big animal diving, traditional culture, conservation and awareness education, eco-tours and activities for all ages!
For more info: please contact email@example.com, or call 803-419-2556.